Everyone wants good advice from trusted sources.
You have scoured the web, looking for those who can help you navigate your way to Belize. Perhaps that’s why you’ve found your way here?
And because most of the nuggets of wisdom that we’ve gathered over the years have come from others, we want you to hear it directly from them.
That’s why we are initiating a regular Q&A-type feature called “Expat Chit-Chat”.
We ask Expats from every walk of life to tell us how they did it. And of course, there is no “right path”. But there is a best path for your circumstances.
Hopefully we’ll interview an Expat expert who you can relate with.
Wouldn’t it be nice to get expert advice regarding:
- the best path to take to Belize?
- the trials and successes that others can share?
- the motivation that nudged others to “make the move”?
- the pitfalls that you should avoid?
- the steps you need to take to successfully settle in?
- the type of life you can expect once you get to Belize?
- the mistakes that were painful, but well worth making?
We plan to offer wisdom from every type of Expat, such as:
- those whose plan was to retire and never work another day in their lives
- those who have limited resources and need a creative route to exist in Belize
- those who come from every walk of life and those who needed to recreate themselves
- those who found a need in Belize and used entrepreneurial skill to meet that need
The Types of Expats We Will Profile
So you’ll meet the local Pastor who works with other Expats to settle in successfully.
You’ll understand the challenges that a Belize land developer overcame to make his development a reality and how he empowered the locals to give his development a unique mayan emphasis.
You’ll grasp the importance of finding a real estate pro who successfully took the steps to transfer the expertise from the U.S. market to the totally different Belizean market.
You’ll see how hospitality plays a role in the every day life of someone who provides short-term and long-term rental properties in Northern Belize.
All of these stories paint a picture of life in Belize for Expats. Each are meant to inspire you, and encourage you to ask all the right questions.
And speaking of asking the right questions, you’ll be given all the contact information for many of these Expats along the way so that you can target those who can help YOU the most.
And if you already know a Belize Expat with wise advice, please pass along their information!
Don’t be afraid to comment along the way and share your struggles and burning questions.
In fact, We would love for you to be the subject of a future “Expat Chit-Chat” segment one day. Don’t sell yourself short.